Kailee Mills Foundation awards one $20,000 college scholarship and several smaller denomination scholarships for each academic year to a student who shows academic achievement and helps to spread seat belt safety awareness in their community. We will begin accepting applications for the 2020-2021 academic year beginning January 1, 2021.
- Be in high school graduating class of 2020
- Receive diploma at/by the end of the 2020 school year (May/June 2020)
- Must be accepted, or currently enrolled in, an accredited 2 year or 4 year college or university within the United States, in a full-time (at least 12 hours) degree seeking program for the first time
- Run a campaign to spread seat belt awareness at school and throughout the community, which includes a fundraiser benefiting Kailee Mills Foundation.
- Be a US citizen or legal resident
- Be a resident of Texas
- Have a current GPA of 3.0 or higher on a 4.0 scale (or 3.75 on a 5.0 scale)
- Have at least a 1050 SAT score or a 20 ACT
- Run a campaign to spread seat belt awareness at school and throughout the community. Please download and follow the campaign guidelines.
Citizenship and Character
Strong applicants would:
- Demonstrate a desire to make a meaningful contribution to society
- Have volunteered for organizations in their community and submit verifiable proof of volunteer hours
- Strive to maintain excellence in their education
- $20,000 scholarship award will be distributed in 4 increments of $5,000
- Distribution will be paid at the beginning of each spring and fall semester as long as the previous semester GPA is 3.0 or higher on a 4.0 scale (verified by transcript)
- Distributions will be paid directly to institution or appropriate and verified recipient
- Award can be used towards tuition, books, room and board, and other fees incurred through the educational institution
- Total distribution will not exceed the original award amount
- Any excess amount may be rolled over to the following semesters
- Any excess amount after degree completion will be forfeited and returned to the Kailee Mills Foundation Scholarship Fund
- Awardee must be enrolled in course of study for consecutive semesters (not including summer semesters)
- Awardee must complete 10 volunteer hours for a 501(c)(3) organization per semester
Applicants for the Kailee Mills Foundation Scholarship should submit:
- A completed scholarship application form below
- Two letters of recommendation, for instance from a teacher/professor, counselor/academic advisor or school administrator, employer, or volunteer organization;
- A current high school transcript
- A response to the following prompt, no more than two type-written pages in a 12-point font, 1.5 line spacing, normal page margins:
- Tell us about what inspires you to help others, how that impacted your life and how you will carry that into your future.
- Complete a seat belt awareness campaign in your school and/or community, as mentioned under Community Involvement. Email campaign ideas and information to firstname.lastname@example.org so that we may follow the campaign and provide support. The campaign can be done before or after the scholarship application is submitted, but must be completed by May 1.
All applications must be received on or before May 1, 2021.
Scholarship award will be announced once diploma has been verified by an official transcript.